Custom Search

Friday, August 31, 2007

Heineken Green Synergy Dj David and Dj Narity

Posted by Keas on 1:02 PM 2 comments

Today is the last match up in the quarter finals of Heineken Green Synergy Dj Competition. Today we get to hear from DJ Narity and DJ David.

DJ Narity DJ David


According to DJ David his favourite genre to play is between dance mixes and dancehall. Nehoo, I'm listening to him play on FAME FM right now. He gets one stripe from me by starting out his set with soca... although be started out with a song from way back when and then followed up with 2007 hit songs...hmmm, I'm a soca baby and i have my biases so I'll still give him one stripe for the soca. Song selections themselves in the soca section was good still...So I'll give him that much too. The flow to dancehall was smooth still and had vibes, I'm actually bouncing in my chair right now listening to him play. Overall still, I think he did pretty well. Its the first time I'm actually hearing him play.

DJ Narity, cocky in his intro, i guess they all are. According to him, he can't see any progression from previous competition to this, he can take him, he says. Well i'm going to listen now to see.

I'm wrtiting this live. I don't know if the DJs were told what genre's to play, its possible, because Narity started with soca too. In any case, i give Narity 2 stripes, two because i preferred his soca songs to David's. But i think i'm going take back one of those stripes because his set wasn't as smooth as Dj David's. The move from one song to the next sounded like how i sound when i mess around on the console, like i'm just playing the songs i like but not doing so well at cueing it up so that it flows well into the next song. Well not a bad 25 minutes. I'm not so sure who is gonna win this one...I think maybe..hmm you know what, i'll just not give a prediction for this one. Let's wait until next week to see who goes on to the next round.

See you next week. Don't forget to listen in on FAME FM on Fridays at 3-4 to hear the DJs, and dont forget to vote guys.


2 Responses so far:

Anonymous said...

yes dj dave u were well taught..continue the good work

Anonymous said...

coming from Garfield (Kaution)